Well, I was so jealous of Lance & Derek getting new Yamaha motorcycles that I had to join in. On Tuesday, Dad & I went looking at Rexburg Motor Sports. I found a cool Yamaha C3 scooter that looked perfect for me and decided to buy it. I think the pick-up was jealous, however, because we had a flat tire on it when we went to pick it up. I really like the way it rides. I will not be reacing Derek or Lance anytime soon, but that is not why I purchased it. I got this to go back and forth to work on. (Lance & Derek have 450cc engines and mine has a 49.9cc) It gets 115 mpg so that is exciting. Hopefully I will actually save money because of my purchase. By Idaho law, it is considered a motorcycle, though, so I had to study up and take another written driving exam this morning. I passed the test and got a learner's permit good for 180 days. Now I will have to practice riding it and then I will have to take a driving skills test. I got my license plate today - MNM 180 - it does kind of look like a big blue m&m . . . While I have my permit, I can't take passengers, ride at night, or drive on the freeway. I don't think I will be driving on the freeway anyway, because it maxes out at about 35mph. My 3.5hp Yamaha C3 won't win any speed records, but it is just right for driving to work and back and I am excited to have it.
3 comments:
Becky, that is soooo awesome! I think that you smart to do that because of gas prices ... and it's cool! So, do you have to wear a helmet or anything though? HA! HA! Can't wait to see it when we are up.
Totally Awesome Becky!! And in your favorite color (USU Aggie Blue) too!!
I don't have to wear a helmet because I am over 18, but they still suggest it. We will see how it goes. I have it parked in the back of the store right now - it looks pretty nice.
Post a Comment