May 22, 2010

May 7th - Juneau

Here I am holding a small piece of the Mendenhall Glacier in my hands. 
Kendra just enjoyed drinking it all in. 
We had a great time walking around the glacier and taking pictures. 
It was a beautiful day - sunny and bright - is that unusual for May?
Juneau?  Just a minute and Alaska!
(Do you know? I'll ask her!)

Here is the view from the top of Mount Roberts.  Scott, Derek, and I went to the top on the tram - this is 1800 feet above sea level.  It was a beautiful day and the scenery was spectacular!  I would suggest going up the tram to anyone who visits Juneau.  You can get an all-day pass and hike around the top.  I wish we had more time up here.  This was a highlight of the trip.  Thanks for talking me into it!
This is Juneau at 11pm - we stayed up to see the ship leave dock!

2 comments:

Jared and Kendra said...

That has to be the best glacial water that I have EVER partaken of in my life. Nice, pure, clean, cold.... the adjectives could goon and on.

Becky said...

Glacial ice is yummy!