July 10, 2010

Pioneer Trek

Our ward had a pioneer trek this past weekend.  Mom, Dad, Kathy & I went to dinner with them last night.  They had a nice program and the new bishop spoke to us.  We got rained on a little, but the meal was good and the people were great.  I felt guilty showing up for dinner and they wouldn't even let us help much.  They were all very dirty and tired, but the kids were running around having fun and laughing.  They were mostly happy to be there and it was fun to be a part of it.  This is a picture of the cub scouts - this event counted as their pack night, mutual activity, relief society meeting, primary activity, etc.  It was a lot of work, but I think those who participated in it will gain a new appreciation for what our pioneer ancestors went through.  We all need to be grateful for what we have and share with others as we can.  We also need to try to be pioneers in our own lives and set good examples for those who will come after us.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

They are all more brave than I would be. I'm afraid I would have slipped in a pair of capris with all those pioneer skirts. Sounds like you had a good night with them. Koria asked me today as we were driving through Lehi who named it that and I told her the pioneers who first settled it and that lead to a q on who a pioneer is ... which was about the one-hundredth q of the morning so maybe I'll just have her read your blog with me tomorrow. That'll be a good answer, eugh?

Becky said...

That would be cool. They also spoke about heroes - a hero is someone who gives their life for something greater than themselves. You are my hero - your family is greater than yourself and you have dedicated your life to them. Thanks for the great example.

Sharon said...

They will be so much closer in the ward especially the young people. I just wish we could have had one while you kids were growing up.