August 20, 2010

Hanging with the Blacks


Here are the little paleontologists.  They found a dinosaur track in the rocks and they had to show me.  I was very impressed with it.  They could make Indiana Jones jealous with their discoveries!



Here is a panoramic shot of the hieroglyphs they showed me.  Koria posed like some of the paintings on the wall but Kimball just wanted to get going so we could go swimming.  I didn't blame him much - it was hot!


Kimball and Koria each had to take a turn with their Dad on the "Rock of Doom".  He managed to get them both knocked off and into the water in no time.  They really enjoyed the time we spent here - we just missed having Kendra & Layne with us.  Luke wasn't too sure about the water at first, but he got used to it and even enjoyed it after awhile.  They were all fun to play with and we got cooled off some too.



What a happy boy!  Great birthday activity!



All this was just too much for Koria.  She had been complaining every night that Kimball & I kept talking too loudly and she couldn't get to sleep.  She must not have got enough sleep because today really wore her out. I was surprised that Kimball and Luke didn't fall asleep too.  I guess it was all the crackers I gave them on the ride home.  Luke was starving so when we got home I fed him and he got his birthday cupcake.  Koria managed to wake up and was still fairly happy.  This was a great day for me - the only way it could have been better is if Kendra & Layne could have been there also.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It looks like they had a great day. Just wish Kendra dn Layne could have been there. I'll bet it was great to get in that cold water after all the heat.
Koria is going to hate this picture someday. She isn't posing like she usually does.

Becky said...

The water wasn't that cold, but it was cooler than the desert heat. We wish K&L were there too!

Jared and Kendra said...

The fact that she isn't posing while being genuinely asleep is somewhat comforting to me, Mom.

Becky said...

I guess the "posing" is a learned behavior, not a natural instinct. The question is - Who did she learn this behavior from? You or Jared?