This is Layne the night she got home from the hospital. She was so happy to be home and eating again. She has socks on her hands to try to keep her from pulling at the pic line in her arm. She was really good at pulling these off with her teeth, though. She loves to suck on her hands and these socks just got in her way.
Layne wanted to get all the attention from Kendra at the birthday party. She still has socks on her arms to keep her from pulling on the line. I think she was pretending that she was putting on a sock puppet show for everyone. She was looking up at her mom for some great ideas on how to use the sock puppets. She has a great haircut, also. She is such a precious little girl. I am biased, but I think she is terrific. I love to hold her and play with her. She is starting to focus more on people's faces and she is really looking everyone over good. she has heard our voices for a long time, but now she is seeing just who is speaking to her. Way to go Layne. Keep everyone happy down there. I can't be there to entertain Kimball, Koria, and Luke, so I guess you will have to now. May the force be with you!
I got some one-on-one time with Layne on Monday. Kendra took the other wild Indians and took them to play at the park for an hour. I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with Layne. She was sitting up really well and she was playing with her rattle and some toy rings. Kendra said that in the hospital she figured out that she could throw her toys and Kendra would pick them up for her. She was laughing at this fun game. She is just like the butterfly on her shirt - ready to test her wings and fly! I am so glad you came home from the hospital before I had to come home. I love you tons and miss your laughter and smile!
I also miss you sticking your little tongue out at me!
2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to see Layne and Kendra a little before you came home.
Layne & Kendra are AWESOME! So are the rest of the Black sheep in the family. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment